Spring is nice for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for crisp air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Miami and keeping payments low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility costs less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer AC systems is a big advantage for keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the lower your energy expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to several other methods to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 305-440-1505 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right fit for your house. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.