Spring is enjoyable for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for crisp air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Miami and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility costs less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern AC systems is a big advantage for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to several other approaches to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you think it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 305-440-1505 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right product for your house. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.