Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning system in Miami operating at its best performance while keeping energy needs small. It also may even help extend its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can complete on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that includes a hefty amount of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your cooling equipment cleaned and inspected. Waiting to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be dicey. If you need service or a new unit, you may be waiting awhile for a tech. And that could get awfully unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC upkeep might be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioning unit in the prime order:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters block airflow and could decrease your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn upkeep around the outdoor condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your system, because this may limit airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 305-440-1505, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the nitty gritty. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially skip problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to remove any buildup from soil and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is switching on, running and turning off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve extra work, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective choice. Locating potential issues in a timely manner can solve more substantial issues down the road. This also provides you time to plan if your AC is getting older.
When you need an updated cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the right unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to request your tune-up? Call us at 305-440-1505 or schedule an appointment online now.