No matter what the climate outside, the temperature in your home determines how comfortable it will feel. Find the right temp and your space will seem like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your climate control system isn’t operating the way it should, you’ll know. And it won’t be pleasant.
It’s time to take a deeper look at the way you’re using your heating and cooling equipment. It could make the difference between a solid system or a problematic performer. Work through this brief quiz from Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Summer is coming up fast. How do you get your AC ready?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Make an appointment with the professionals for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing. It will probably be fine.
- You’re having a party on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your first step?
- Ask my guests to bring icy beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it operating before the party starts.
- Turn on my fans and wish for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What happens when it’s time for a new one?
- Let my contractor select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and costs by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the most expensive system on the market.
- When you receive your next monthly power bill, what do you anticipate you’ll discover?
- It will be a little higher. My home comfort bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be similar to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a strange noise. What do you do?
- Get my toolbox and kill a weekend trying to fix it.
- Get an Expert technician to check it out.
- Block it out and wait until it stops.
Get ready to tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you made a plan for the future. But if you answered any of these problems with As or Cs, you could make a couple of changes to help your equipment perform better. Keep reading to discover how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Arrange Annual Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and cleaning your vents are critical tasks to prep your HVAC for a new season, a professional tune-up is helpful to finish the process. During a routine visit, your HVAC technician will perform a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency of your machine. And while they’re there, your HVAC technician will look out for more severe complications for your HVAC. That could save you a pricey breakdown later down the road.
Find a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained HVAC systems can have issues occasionally. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that crucial service to homes at no additional cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Well-maintained heating and cooling systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build a plan now to bypass last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It offers you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and take note when they radically change. Your energy bills can tell you more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a steady escalation in your expenses but no change in home comfort, something is likely occurring with your system. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Take action when you hear a weird noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than bothersome. It demonstrates something is off with your HVAC. Even if it’s a relatively small problem, left without professional help it could make for an pricey repair later on. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you big when you don’t manage it. If you use these tips, you could save time, money and disappointment. And if your system just isn’t helping anymore, think about finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!