There are a lot of gases that could be in your Miami residence. Natural gas and fumes that originate from residential fixtures, carpet and paints. Not a one of them are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 305-440-1505 now to begin defending your loved ones against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be a big deal, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you aren’t able to see it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in low concentrations and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can filter into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a residence, it could become deadly in within minutes.
Once breathed in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing clean air, you will need five hours to get it out of your body. It requires an additional five hours to decrease that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mirror Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide can also cause symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Defend Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three things you can do to keep your home safe:
- Every home with at least one gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. You need to have a detector on each level of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 305-440-1505 to purchase one. Ask our specialists about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you currently use a carbon monoxide alarm, consistently look at or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and replace the system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide system goes off, leave your home immediately and dial 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your house can be safe from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 305-440-1505 to learn more.