Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a headache!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any issues? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts highly recommend servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential concerns and lengthening its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time of year. This makes it possible for you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to increasing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a comprehensive process involving several steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key elements of the work performed during a routine service visit:
- Careful inspection: The technician carefully looks through your AC unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your home every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners question if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your AC unit every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Higher air quality: A clean AC system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, regular AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, emergency repairs or system replacements.
To optimize your savings, give some thought to investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several advantages no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, annual AC maintenance is essential for enhancing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with certified professionals, comprehensive maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.