In regard to energy-efficient HVAC installation in Miami, there’s good news for you this tax season.
The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit will now go through 2020. This can qualify you for credits for energy-efficient home improvements, like modern heating and cooling units, water heaters and heat pumps.
What Equipment is Eligible?
To be entitled for the incentive, the home should be the taxpayer’s primary residence in the U.S.. The enhancement should have a life of a minimum of five years, with the initial use originating with the taxpayer.
What Types of Changes are Regarded as High-Efficiency Upgrades?
Generally, this tax incentive equals 10% of the price of the following energy-saving enhancements that meet certain ENERGY STAR® conditions:
- Advanced main air-circulating fans
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil furnaces
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil hot water boilers
- Energy-efficient heat pumps
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Energy-efficient central air conditioners
- Energy-efficient metal and asphalt roofing
- Certain exterior storm windows, skylights and storm doors
- Solar/geothermal energy solutions, such as solar electricity, solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps
Is There a Maximum Amount I Can Claim?
Yes, there’s a lifetime maximum credit of $500 per location. This means if you have used this credit in past years, you must decrease any credit you previously claimed.
If you’ve previously claimed the highest amount, you won’t qualify for any other reductions with this extension.
Credit Limits for Particular Equipment
Credits have a limit for certain eligible equipment:
- Windows and skylights—$200
- Advanced main air circulation—$50
- Hot water boilers—$150
- Energy-efficient systems—$300
If you have questions about how you can benefit from the extension of the residential energy efficient property tax credit, download Form 5695 or contact your tax advisor for assistance.
Enhance Your Heating and Cooling System Today
Been delaying upgrading your heating and cooling system? Call the Experts at 305-440-1505 or contact us online. We can help you select an energy-efficient system you can earn tax benefits from the following year.