Summer is normally a busy time of year for many families in Miami. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Miami heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Miami heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 305-440-1505 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Miami heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Miami temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a tad quicker so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.