Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several factors to consider, in addition to the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and enhances comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your monthly utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the price of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 305-440-1505 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.