Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Miami, you might be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several aspects to consider, plus the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and enhances comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at peak efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your ongoing heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the expense of replacing your total system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 305-440-1505 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.