When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it may still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first opt for continuing the bottled water approach. But of course, this gets pricey soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it right from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate harmful contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main following heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant creates hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.