Prevention is the most important place to start. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Miami.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.