Prevention is the most important place to start. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Miami.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.