What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion frequently caused by not enough oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running properly or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.