Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Miami
You might not think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you expect it’s running correctly so your Miami basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can quit working for several different reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, call the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to determine the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop working for several different reasons:
- No power
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Icy or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and drains the water rapidly.
- During arid weather, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to protect your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 305-440-1505 or book an appointment online.